Adjusting the eyecup
Here are the step-by-step instructions for adjusting the eye cups of a binoculars or monoculars with twist-up eye cups:
- Hold the binoculars or monoculars in one hand and use your other hand to grasp the twist-up eye cup.
- Rotate the twist-up eye cup counterclockwise to extend it or clockwise to retract it. It may take a few turns to fully extend or retract the eye cup.
- Adjust both eye cups to the same level of extension to ensure proper alignment for your eyes.
- Once you have the desired level of extension, test the adjustment by holding the binoculars or monoculars up to your eyes and looking through them. Adjust the focus as needed.
- If you wear glasses, adjust the eye cups so that they are fully extended to create a longer eye relief. If you don't wear glasses, you may prefer to retract the eye cups for a more immersive viewing experience.
Use without glasses: When using without glasses, turn the eyecup out completely anti-clockwise.
Use with glasses: If you wear glasses, turn the eyecup clockwise all the way in.
Adjusting the correct interpupillary distance
- Hold the binoculars or monoculars up to your eyes and look through them with both eyes open.
- Adjust the eye relief by bending the centre axis of both halves of the binoculars until you see a single circular image with both eyes open.